Mark Sollis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Sepsis Aware:Sepsis Survivor
  • Twitter Feed - @:SepsisUK

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:27 pm

OK - So we are here to help and now have a community to support all those that are, or have been, affected by sepsis

Post any comments, thoughts and ideas and we will add them to the list and if you need help, just ask

Mark

Mark Sollis

(Thanks to The Medical Staff - I Can Now Help Others)

#2 Balley77

Balley77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Sepsis Aware:Affected by Sepsis

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:26 pm

Hi
An area for people who have been affected by bereavement due to Sepsis (like myself) would be great. Only those who have experienced this themselves can know what it is like, and to be there, as someone to listen, help, support and advise would be fantastic.

I would be more than happy to volunteer to do this if you need anyone.

Regards
Sarah

(My mother's tribute is on the website, called 'Meryam')

#3 Diane Sollis

Diane Sollis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Twitter Feed - @:perkidi

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:05 pm

Hi Sarah

Thank you for your suggestion. A new forum has now been set up in response to your request and it would be welcome if you could contribute to that forum.

Any help and advice would be valuable and appreciated by many that have suffered a loss such as yours.

Thanks

Diane

#4 Hayley's mum

Hayley's mum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:55 pm

I have just started to use the forum and am finding my way around a little. Is there any option to private message someone or to email them through the forum. I am thinking that sometimes you may want to share something directly with an individual rather than publicly.

Anne

#5 Sepsis Forum

Sepsis Forum

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:@SepsisForum
  • LocationUK
  • Sepsis Aware:Supporter
  • Twitter Feed - @:SepsisForum

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:33 pm

Hi Anne - and welcome to the UK Sepsis Trust Forum

The PM option is indeed a Private Message system available to all registered Members of the Forum. Message content is only shared between those participants who are invited to share the conversation (you can invite multiple participants) and content is not shared with other members of the Forum. As with all on line systems, your message security is protected via your log-on and associated site password, which should never be shared.

More info on the PM facility can be found here in the Forum help files and the PM system can be accessed via the drop down (top right on any page - under your log-on name), or by hovering over a users name on any page and selecting "send message"

To be clear however, please note that for security and moderation purposes, all site content can be accessed and viewed by the site Administrators, in case of abuse or contravention of our Terms and Conditions of Use. A full list of site Administrators can be found here

Additionally, if a Member has allowed their email address to be shared as public, you also have the option of mailing them direct. Hover over the Member name and click the email address if shown. Alternatively, click on the user to go to their profile page for further information and contact details.

We hope this gives you the assurances you were looking for and would welcome your feedback on the PM system after you have used it.

Thank you so much for sharing your story on the site and hope that the Forum can help you move forward after such a tragic loss.

Thoughts and best wishes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users