Natalie38

loss of my dad

I lost my dad in June he developed sepsis following a bowel obstruction, he had emergency surgery and spent 4 weeks in icu and a week in hdu before his death. I cannot get over my anger as from his admission to hospital I was aware he was seriously ill and despite telling every staff member and being a nurse myself he deteriorated in front of my eyes.I cannot believe he is gone and am struggling to get over the trauma of it all

Hello, Natalie,  

So sorry to hear you have lost your dad.

Do contact the UK Sepsis Trust - there is an in touch service - if you want to chat with someone - and also a few Support Groups set up across the Country.

Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? Might be worth considering this as they should be able to offer you help and support.

Take care,

Julie

Hi Natalie,

Losing a parent is so hard. Even when we're adults ourselves, it turns your world upside down and it's difficult to make sense of anything for quite a while. Sepsis devastates so many people's lives.If it would help to talk through what happened to your dad, just email me on libby@sepsistrust.org and we'll work out a good time for me to phone.

Take care,

Libby.