2005rachel0

fundraising ideas needed

Hi all, I'm after some ideas of how to raise money for the sepsis trust and my local ICU. I'm turning 40 next year (aaargh!) and wasn't going to mark the date in any way at all until I survived severe sepsis earlier this year. I'm now going to mark the occasion with a big party to celebrate the fact that neither meningitis 20 years ago or severe sepsis this year have killed me off! 

There'll be maybe 200 people there and thought it would be a very good chance to raise some money. But how? Any ideas would be greatly received. Does the trust do collection buckets or stickers I could put round buckets?

Thanks

Hi, Rachel,  What a great idea...I'm a survivor too (and a UKST volunteer)

These are some of the things I have found great at raising funds:

Raffle, Chocolate Tombola, Books 2 for a £, Plants/bulbs wrapped in orange/yellow/red paper, cones of sweets, cakes, biscuits,cakes. I usually bake and buy things in bulk (or sometimes get things donated or at cost! - need to be a bit cheeky but once folks know what its for....usually very generous) - wrap in cellophane tie with orange/red/yellow ribbon and attach a symptom card either adults or children. So folks are getting some info with their purchase (shame to miss an opportunity for a bit of awareness raising!)

The UKST do have collection boxes you can dot about the place.......i often find putting for example "scones and jam -suggested donation £2" and leaving folks to it means folk often give more. You could do similar with prosecco, cheese and wine etc.

Don't think I can send you pictures on here but if you contact paula@sepsistrust.org the fundraising lead she should be able to share them with you and will have more ideas.

You could do this at your Party and also at work in your Dept or across the Hospital too.

Good luck and happy birthday.

Hi, Rachel, What a great idea...I'm a survivor too (and a UKST volunteer)

These are some of the things I have found great at raising funds:

Raffle, Chocolate Tombola, Books 2 for a £, Plants/bulbs wrapped in orange/yellow/red paper, cones of sweets, cakes, biscuits,cakes. I usually bake and buy things in bulk (or sometimes get things donated or at cost! - need to be a bit cheeky but once folks know what its for....usually very generous) - wrap in cellophane tie with orange/red/yellow ribbon and attach a symptom card either adults or children. So folks are getting some info with their purchase (shame to miss an opportunity for a bit of awareness raising!)

The UKST do have collection boxes you can dot about the place.......i often find putting for example "scones and jam -suggested donation £2" and leaving folks to it means folk often give more. You could do similar with prosecco, cheese and wine etc.

Don't think I can send you pictures on here but if you contact paula@sepsistrust.org the fundraising lead she should be able to share them with you and will have more ideas.

You could do this at your Party and also at work in your Dept or across the Hospital too.

Good luck and happy birthday.

Thanks Julie, I really like the idea of giving out symptom cards with prizes, I'm def going to do that. I'll get in touch with the fundraising dept too. I've got 3 weeks left off sick til I'm back at work so think I'll use the time to start gathering / begging for raffle prizes