pgriffo

Not sure how i feel

I had surgery to remove the metal work from my wrist because they think i am allergic to it, what was ment to be an hour operation lasted over 4, i left hospital the next day, 2 days later i was still in alot of pain and went to the local out of hours, where i was given morphine for the pain. 3 days later i was not feeling 100% my chest felt a little tight, so my sister took me down to the walk in centre where the nurse took 1 look at me, and said i don't like the look of you, the sweat was pouring from me, she got another nurse to take a look at me, and said i needed to go to the local hospital as they both thought there was a chance that i had sepsis.

Once i got to the A&E department they took bloods from me, and hooked me up to a drip to get fluids and antibiotics into me, i was kept in overnight and then released the next day, i went to my orthopedic appointment on the friday, and they where not happy with the way i was treated, they put a plan into place that if i was not feeling well i was to go straight there and they would just treating me according to the plan in place.

I have been having weekly appointments at the othopedic apartment to check on my wrist and the wound.

I am concently tired, i can not control the sweating, i am scared that i might get another infection, and get the sepsis again, i can not believe how ill i have been, but when people ask me how i am feeling now? i can not answer, as i do not know how i feel

Hi,   all the thing you describe are commonly experienced when recovering from sepsis, most people are surprised at how they feel and how long it can take to recover. 

I have provided a link below to some helpful information on sepsis recovery. You may also find it helpful to chat to one of the nurses on the support team at the UK Sepsis Trust, you can ask them questions and discuss your concerns.  Contact them by calling 08088000029.  

Sepsis Recovery booklets

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Hi,   all the thing you describe are commonly experienced when recovering from sepsis, most people are surprised at how they feel and how long it can take to recover. 

I have provided a link below to some helpful information on sepsis recovery. You may also find it helpful to chat to one of the nurses on the support team at the UK Sepsis Trust, you can ask them questions and discuss your concerns.  Contact them by calling 08088000029.  

Sepsis Recovery booklets

Thank you for the advice, i spoke to them and got the recovery booklet before i did this post, i am hoping to get to the meeting at knutsford