Earlier this year I was refused life insurance. My GP has never been able to find out why. Now I am struggling to get Travel Insurance. 

Why would having Sepsis make getting travel insurance difficult. Surely if you have recovered from Sepsis it is not a pre existing condition that could cause problems in the future.

Hi Dave

Now I know there are many levels of affected Sepsis - but I travelled after 6 months and spoke at length to the travel Insurance provider and explained all infections, collapsed lungs, ICU, etc etc etc.

For all cases, Life Insurance may be a question and travel Insurance questionalble, but bottom line is they may just exclude pre-existing conditions - "in the event of a claim"

We found an accepting insurer on-line - I'll try and find the info - if it will help

Ditto - I'd be interested in info too.

Need piece of mind that if something happens you can get home/get treatment (not just EU). Particularly as insurers try their hardest to wriggle out.

Not just in relation to sepsis, but insurance when you have other medical complications.

Nail on the head there Alison

Probably no issue with sepsis but more the complications / consequences of.

Just looking for who I used after my "episode" and will post back soon.

Hi all

Well, due to an incredible filing system (..?) I managed to find the insurer that covered me, 9 months post ICU so I could fly to Spain

I did have an in depth conversation with them at the time and completed all the forms honestly and truthfully - so I knew there wouldn't be an issue if I had to claim. The only real conditions of concern in my case were due to collapsed lungs and multiple pneumothoraces. These were identified and with only a small additional cost (£10/£20) was still covered if claiming because of that condition. The documents received stated this quite clearly.

Can't recall how I got to these guys - may have been on recommendation and / or lots of surfing t'internet but worth a look.

Link - http://www.getmy.com/

Hope this helps