SepsisForum

Cycle for Sepsis 15 - Plan and thoughts?

Personally. I would start working on the Sponsorship side first, as what you get from this will have a big impact on what you do with the other objectives, and gives you an idea of what your limitations are.

Set a couple of ideas for events in stone, and start planning teams specifically for each event. With things like Facetime, getting a meeting together shouldn't be expensive or challenging.

The plan is a little vague, so work on the 5 points for everything suggested - Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?

Regards

Sarah

Hi, do we have anyone out there that is keen to recruit individuals to complete their 6 mile cycle for Sepsis?

We shall have our main teams travelling from the various part of the UK to London but we want to make this an amazing inclusive event and offer the chance for anyone to join in and cycle their Sepsis Six miles. There will be a £6 six mile fee and we would encourage people to get sponsored but we also would be just as keen for our cyclists to create awareness.

Could a team of six milers gather together and get in their local paper? Could it be an amazing local event for you on the Cycle for Sepsis week / weekend in September 2015?

This can be done anywhere.  You can join our main teams if they travel through your local area  or do your own personal six miles and share with us your stories / pictures.

We are still at an early planning stage.  We are working out teams, routes, stop points, timings but please let us know if you would like to help, get a team together, solo cycle or promote in your area.  I am looking to get all your details so I can keep you up to date as the planning progresses.

If you would like to let me know more in an email then I am joanne@sepsistrust.org or I am happy to hear all of your views here on the forum.

Thanks so much.  I hope to hear from LOTS of you very soon.

Jo

x

I am very interested in this. I live in Birmingham. My daughter was admitted into hospital on 26th November 2014 and we found out it was Sepsis. She is doing well now and just hoping her kidneys heal. Would love to do some fundraising and raise awareness

Hi Natalie

Thanks for taking time to post your interest - it would be great to have as many people involved as possible!

We will send on your request to Jo at The UK Sepsis Trust and no doubt she will be in touch soon

Hope your daughter is recovering well

SepsisForum

Morning all. This topic and event seems to have gone quiet. I notice there is no mention on the events board for September...
So my questions are is this still happening?

What date? Are we still aiming for World Sepsis Day and  Westminster?

Anyone planned anything yet?

I've possibly got a team ready to attempt Lincoln to London but we need to confirm all the above as some of the boys and girls will need to start training for the distance.

Thanks, Phil  :)

Hiya

#CFS15 is definitely going to happen!!!

I believe we are just awaiting confirmation of parliamentary date before booking this up and publicising the event.

Get the team. Get ready. Get training and get on those pedals. Fantastic to have your support and this year will be bigger and better.

Watch this space and the Forum will send updates as soon as dates are confirmed.