Hayley's mujm

Local awareness raising

I though I would share my experience of taking posters, leaflets and information cards to professionals. I attended the North West volunteer meeting a few days ago and decided to take some publicity materials to share locally. This morning I was due for a check up at the dentist, so I took some leaflets and cards with me. I gave them to the receptionist and asked if they could discuss them at their next practice meeting. The man on reception was very interested and the people behind reception all agreed this was something they could do. I then visited my local, independent pharmacy. I took a poster for the Manchester support group meeting and the leaflets and cards. The person on the counter was very interested and said Sepsis had been mentioned in relation to her Father in Laws death, although she didn't know what it was. They were very happy to take the materials and promised to use them. I then visited the practice nurse for a screening appointment and once again gave her a poster for the support group, plus a selection of posters and leaflets.  It was all much easier than I had anticipated and people seemed genuinely interested, so if you want to do a little local publicity perhaps have a go. 

Anne

Hi, Anne, That's great news. I too have found my GP and local community pharmacies very interested and supportive. So folks,lets follow Anne's lead and get the information out there and HELP MEND SEPSIS!